Join us for the next UKAA Webinar: ESG in BTR: From strategy to practice on environmental considerations
The contribution of Build to Rent to Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) considerations is clear. This webinar, Part 1 of a series of 3, focusses on moving from strategy to practice on environmental considerations. We will discuss what addressing environmental considerations means for investors and business, at corporate and site levels, and ways in which positive impacts can be made to wellbeing, productivity, and biodiversity. We will provide a range of examples on what good looks like.
- Understanding how addressing environmental considerations can improve building performance and reduce carbon emissions;
- Consideration of CAPEX v OPEX and the role of behaviour change across BTR assets;
- Understanding how addressing environmental elements can impact on health and wellbeing, OPEX and the bottom line;
- Considerations at site level including GHG emissions, business operations, biodiversity net gains, and waste and circularity;
- Understanding wider market and regulatory trends, in the UK, EU and wider, in BTR and across the built environment; and,
- Understanding the importance of data and evidence at business and site levels.
This webinar will be presented by:
Dr Sophie Taysom, Director and Founder of Keyah Consulting, works with clients across the built environment to develop their approach to ESG. This is done in line with international standards and best practice, and with a view to ensuring clients can respond proactively to new and emerging requirements and stakeholder expectations. She speaks on these issues on national and international platforms.
|Hannah Durden has worked in real estate for 18 years in the private sector and for clients across the UK. She is the Founder and Director of CNZW as well as Circular Community UK. Based in the UK, she advises on development management strategy for buildings and businesses: considering carbon, waste and wider ESG opportunities across every element of the property and business life cycle.