- 5 Build to Rent sector awards to be presented in London ceremony on 2nd November 2023
- Awards will follow UKAA Annual BTR Conference focused on BTR: The Transformative Value of Investing in Homes and Communities
- Excellence, quality and best practice in BTR underpins all award categories
Hot on the heels of announcing the headline theme for the Annual Build to Rent Conference and Awards 2023, the UKAA (UK Apartment Association) has confirmed that it will be announcing five award winners at the event.
The UKAA People Awards will be focused on recognising excellence, quality, and best practice in the Build to Rent (BTR) sector, while the inaugural Whole Life Costing Awards highlight the rapid rise of environmental criteria in the property sector.
The awards ceremony will take place in London on the evening2nd November 2023. The UKAA Annual BTR Conference will begin at 9 am on that day, with networking drinks and the award celebration following immediately after and running until 10 pm. The five UKAA Awards include:
- Lifetime Achievement – in recognition of long-standing contribution to the BTR sector
- Rising Star – for an individual who has shown great promise and outstanding development
Whole Life Costing Awards
- Development Phase Whole Life Costing Award – for a team that has demonstrated an outstanding degree of leadership and innovation in significantly reducing project whole life costs while positively impacting environmental, social and governance (ESG) outcomes
- Supply Chain Whole Life Costing Award – recognising a team that has integrated whole life costs in a new and innovative way into their product, goods or service to the benefit of a project
- Operational Phase Whole Life Costing Award – for an operational team that has showcased the highest standards of innovation in leading significant changes to existing services to deliver a measurable impact on whole life costs.
“We are looking to honour individuals and teams who represent the core values of the BTR sector – who weave excellence, quality, and best practice through all that they do and inspire others to do the same. Drive, initiative, and a commitment to building a better BTR sector for all stakeholders will all be recognised at the awards celebration on 2nd November.” – Brendan Geraghty, CEO, UKAA
The inclusion of the three Whole Life Costing awards follows more than a year of UKAA’s Whole Life Costing Working Group focusing on this crucial area of work. The UKAA recognises that the rapid rise of environmental criteria in the property sector is having a significant impact on everything from investors’ investment decisions to renters’ accommodation choices. As such, the three awards represent the Build to Rent sector’s response to the increasing focus on the ESG and whole life costing agenda.
The Annual Build to Rent Conference and Awards 2023 is open to both UKAA members and non-members. The event will take place at Etc Venues, 133 Houndsditch, Liverpool St, London EC3A 7BX and is expected to attract 700+ delegates representing more than 500 companies, with upwards of 20 exhibitors also present.
For more information on how to enter, visit https://ukaa.org.uk/events/ukaa-awards-2023/
For information on the UKAA Annual BTR Conference and the Awards event, please visit https://ukaa.org.uk/annual-build-to-rent-conference-awards-2023/