- Role: UKAA Membership Manager
- Hours: Full time – remote (with occasional requirement to travel to London and other key UK cities as required)
- Salary: £30,000 plus benefits
- Application Deadline: Friday 14th April 2023
ABOUT THE UKAA
The UKAA is a representative body for the rapidly growing UK Build to Rent (BTR) industry, with a membership covering a broad range of organisations, from investors through to suppliers. Membership currently stands at 320 organisations reaching 3,500 professionals operating in BTR and beyond.
The BTR industry is growing quickly and the UKAA is embarking upon a clear strategy for growth and delivery. Our corporate aims for 2023 include establishing recognition of BTR as a valuable, growing residential sector meeting housing need with professionally managed, high-quality homes; establishing BTR as an industry that is attractive to invest in, attractive to work in, and attractive to customers to live in – whatever their life stage; advancing ESG literacy by creating environmental, economic, and social value; being recognised as the body representing BTR in the UK by government, media, the property industry, and the public and raising standards in BTR.
Membership growth and diversification is central to the future of the UKAA and this newly created role will be pivotal to support the expansion and professional management of the organisation.
The UKAA is seeking a Membership Manager to support the ongoing development of the organisation. The successful applicant will be responsible for driving member recruitment, retention and management as well as member communication and technical administration. This is (ideally) a full-time position working remotely and is a significant role within the organisation. The ability to work flexibly/part time could be possible. The annual salary is £30,000 per annum with some scope for more for the right candidate.
- Manage all aspects of new member’ application process and onboarding.
- Manage all aspects of the membership annual renewal process.
- Lead on initiatives to recruit new members.
- Develop and oversee all membership communications.
- General engagement with members and other key stakeholders including dealing with routine enquiries.
- Manage and update the members’ area of the website.
- Monitor membership feedback to ensure continuous improvement and growth.
- Monitor, evaluate and update member services and benefits.
- Provide regular membership reports ensuring accurate information and statistics are available.
- Support wider business development initiatives as required for instance event and corporate sponsorship.
- Provide support for and attended events as required – both virtual and in person (including Annual Conference and Annual Expo) at locations across the UK.
- Day to day management of administrative processes and CRM.
- Management of membership committee and other UKAA committees as required including attendance at and minuting of meetings.
- 3 years + demonstrable experience of successfully working within a membership environment (trade association/ charity or professional body) with in-depth understanding of recruitment, retention and membership management.
- Experience working with volunteers and committees.
- Experience of event management and basic website management.
- Highly organised, resourceful and self-motivated with experience of juggling a complex workload.
- Professional, proactive and confident in communicating with a range of stakeholders.
- Ability to develop good stakeholder/customer relationships
- Keen attention to detail.
- Team player with strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines with good personal organisation and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written skills including – preparation of documents, minutes and actions.
Experience in using membership databases and MS Offices Systems – Word, Excel, Powerpoint, MS Teams.
- Experience of the property sector.
- Educated to Degree level.
The recruitment of this role is being handled by One Property Recruitment on UKAA’s behalf. Please email a CV and cover letter to Imogen@onepropertyrecruitment.co.uk