- UKAA Annual Build to Rent Conference & Industry Awards 2022 will take place in London on 15thNovember 2022
- Headline theme revealed as: the Pursuit of Excellence
- Theme will help shape UK Build to Rent (BTR) sector thinking during 2023 and beyond
The date for the UKAA (UK Apartment Association, the membership organisation for Build to Rent in the UK) Annual Build to Rent Conference and Industry Awards 2022 has been announced. The event will take place on Tuesday 15thNovember 2022, when major players from across the Build to Rent (BTR) sector will come together in London to focus on the headline theme: The Pursuit of Excellence.
By focusing on excellence, the conference will support UKAA’s efforts to drive up standards and showcase best practice across all parts of the BTR sector, ultimately resulting in the improvement of the UK’s rental offering. Examples of excellence in many forms within the sector will be highlighted at the event, including a specific focus on equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI).
The conference will continue UKAA’s work around EDI, following on from the market Snapshot on diversity undertaken earlier in 2022 in partnership with Swift Bunny. The survey has become a benchmark of diversity and inclusion in the sector and the Annual Conference will look at ways in which that work can be taken forward. The BTR sector and the customers it serves are not a homogenous group but a diverse range of individuals to be recognised, listened to, understood and celebrated.
The UKAA Annual Build to Rent Conference, which is open to UKAA members and non-members alike, will be held at Etc. Venues, 133 Houndsditch, London from 10am to 10pm. The rousing, must-attend conference will be followed by dinner and networking drinks, along with industry awards including the UKAA BTR Awards and HomeViews Awards to recognise excellence in the sector.
“The Annual Build to Rent Conference & Industry Awards is a key date in UK BTR sector’s calendar. It provides the opportunity for us to look back and celebrate excellence in the sector, as well as to look forward at the key themes that all those involved in BTR will be focusing on over the next year and more. The conference will also provide a not-to-be-missed opportunity for networking and building unity, with the goal of enhancing the work that we deliver and its positive impact for investors, developers, operators, supplies and customers alike.”
Brendan Geraghty, CEO, UKAA
In addition to the headline theme of pursuing excellence, a wide range of pertinent and important topics will be covered in a series of engaging sessions and expert workshops. These include:
- State of the Market and new challenges
- Achieving Net Zero: Overcoming the disconnect between Capital, Design & Operation in BTR assets
- Masterclass in Forward Funding
- Managing the transition from lease up to mature buildings
- What can the BTR sector learn from Housing Associations?
- The View from America: Top Issues for the Apartment Sector Heading into 2023
- The Competition for Talent
- Short Term Accommodation & Improved Viability
- The value of Interior Design
- Best Practice Design & Delivery in BTR
- The Value of Brand in BTR
- What England can learn from Scotland when it comes to BTR?
- Whole Life Costing and the circular economy
Headline sponsors for the Annual Build to Rent Conference & Industry Awards are Real Page, Yardi and the NHBC, with further opportunities for event sponsorship and stand bookings now open. Please contact Emma Henderson on email@example.com.
For more information and tickets, please visit https://ukaa.org.uk/event/ukaa-annual-conference-dinner-2022/.